Choosing an industrial knife supplier to get the industrial blades that you need for your converting or processing applications takes some serious thought and consideration. While searching for ‘the best industrial knife manufacturer’ on Google is a good approach to finding a few potential machine blade suppliers, what you really want to look for is a manufacturer that not only has years of experience under their belts, but that also offers a wide variety of industrial blades, manufactured with a selection of high-quality materials and made for specific applications and OEM equipment. And, when it comes to those factors, you cannot go wrong with choosing Carolina Knife as your primary supplier for industrial blades.
Four More Reasons Why You Should Work With Carolina Knife
In our last blog post, we shared some reasons why Carolina Knife is a cut above other industrial blade manufacturers. In addition to having over four decades of experience and the ability to manufacture blades that exceed OEM specifications, Carolina Knife offers various blade types that are manufactured with some of the industry’s best materials. In today’s blog post, we’re going to share a few more reasons why you should choose the knife specialists at Caroline Knife for all of your converting and cutting needed.
5. Offering Custom Industrial Blades
Sometimes the machinery you use in your converting application has specific machine blade specifications. Additionally, there may come a time when you need to create an industrial blade that is tailored to your application. When these situations present themselves, or you are just in need of custom blade solutions, you can turn to Carolina Knife. As a leading custom blade manufacturer, our team of knife specialists is capable of creating custom converting knives and blades for a wide range of industries quickly, using the highest quality raw materials. Plus, as part of our commitment to being the best industrial blade supplier, we offer some of the lowest prices in the industry for custom products.
6. High-Quality Materials
Carolina Knife’s selection of industrial machine blades deliver high performance for perforating jobs as well as cut-off applications. Carolina Knife has a wide selection of high-quality materials that are specifically selected for many of the primary industrial cutting applications. Below is a quick overview of some of the materials we offer:
- 52100 Tool Steel. A high-carbon tool steel containing low quantities of manganese and chromium to enhance blade hardening. This material has a very low corrosion resistance compared to other tool steels that are high in chromium tool steels. This blade material is capable of cutting a wide range of materials due to its combination of toughness, wear-resistance, and hardness.
- D2-High Carbon Cold Work Tool Steel. D2 tool steel is air-hardened and contains high carbon and chromium levels. Blades manufactured with D2 tool steel are extremely abrasion-resistant and have superior edge retention compared to other industrial blades made from other materials. D2 is often used in cold work applications as it has a great balance of toughness and wear-resistance.
- M2 High-Speed Tool Stool. Very tough and fine-grained alloy, M2 high-speed tool steel is often viewed as one of the best blade materials available, M2 is recognized for its toughness, wear resistance, and superior edge retention, making it one of the best blade materials available. Because this material has a low chromium content, blades manufactured from M2 high-speed tool steels are often coated to prevent corrosion.
- Tungsten Carbide. One of the hardest materials, tungsten carbide is often used in intensive high-run conversion processes. Blades manufactured with tungsten carbide has a hardness equal to RC 75-80 and are expected to last 10 to 50 times longer than other blades with the proper care and maintenance. There are many varieties of tungsten carbide blade, and our specialists can help you choose the right grade of tungsten carbide that will provide the appropriate balance of wear resistance and toughness for your cutting application.
- A2 Tool Steel. A2 tool steel is an air-hardened alloy that is popular for its toughness and abrasion resistance while being easier to sharpen than steels with more chromium. Because blades manufactured with A2 are less corrosion resistant, we typically coat them to improve their resistance to rust.
7. Fast Lead Times
Whether you are in need of high-quality OEM replacement blades or are looking for a custom blade solution for your specific application, trust Carolina Knife Company to deliver the ultimate cutting edge — we offer some of the best lead times in the industry, and there’s no minimum order requirement, ever! This means that you will quickly get the industrial blades you need so you can meet the needs and demands of your application sooner. You won’t have to worry about slowing down production or waiting on the supplier to get you the solutions that you need.
8. Sharpening & Lapping Services Available
In order to work the best, your applications industrial blades need to stay as sharp as possible. After continuous use, blades can become dull, which can slow down production times and produce an inferior product. Many people choose to just purchase new blades, but that is not always the most cost-effective approach. Instead, they should be sent to the experts at Carolina Knife. With a wide variety of abrasives to choose from, our team has the knowledge and expertise to make sure your blades are professionally sharpened to the highest standards- satisfaction guaranteed! Additionally, we offer precision lapping services that help give your blades a more-precise thickness, flatness, and a better finish — this is great for machine blades that have surface irregularities that are affecting the flatness and parallelism of your blade.
Place Your Industrial Blade Order Today!
It’s no secret, working with Carolina Knife Company can really help improve the productivity of your converting application. With a wide selection of industrial blades, high-quality materials, and in-house custom blade manufacture, sharpening, and lapping services, you can’t go wrong with making Carolina Knife your #1 industrial blade supplier. To learn more information or to receive an estimate, contact us today!